New Year's Eve is almost here. And if you are going celebrate with kids present, it needs a little planning so everybody remains happy. There are many ways to help the whole evening go well, without fatigue tantrums, boredom, or general chaos, whether you're letting them stay up late or not, and whether you're having a big party or a quiet evening at home.
Here are 15 ideas for things to do before the clock strikes twelve and the ball falls:
1. Let them celebrate with you, give them sparkling apple cider or this kid-friendly punch in a plastic flute.
2. Have a dance party.
4. Draw up goals for the new year.
5. Have a pinata.
6. Prepare a Family Yearbook.
7. Have a movie night.
11. Set up a photobooth.
12. Set up a removable tattoo booth.
13. Set up a makeup booth.
14. Make sure there are plenty of funky accessories to dress up with.
15. Have a karaoke party.