Great news! Jessica Williams and Phoebe Robinson—hosts of beloved WNYC podcast 2 Dope Queens—are bringing their comedic stylings to HBO. Directed by Tig Notaro, the duo will release four hour-long specials starting Friday, February 2nd, and we'll definitely be glued to our TVs.
Taped in front of a live audience in Brooklyn, each episode features a roster of stand up comedians and special guests discussing a theme. If it's anything like the podcast, there will also be conversations about dating, Bono/U2, Michael Fassbender and politics.
You may recognize Jessica Williams from her stint on The Daily Show, The Incredible Jessica James or her Dusen Dusen campaigns. Phoebe Robinson penned the memoir You Can't Touch My Hair and appeared on the Amazon show, I Love Dick. If you're unfamiliar with the duo, I highly recommend checking out their podcast before the show. YQY!
Themes, special guests and dates below:
- New York, with Jon Stewart (Feb. 2)
- Hair, with Sarah Jessica Parker (Feb. 9)
- Hot Peen,with Tituss Burgess (Feb. 16)
- Black Nerds (aka "Blerds"), with Uzo Aduba (Feb. 23)
More TV news you can use:
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel's Set Designer Shares the Secrets to Creating That Magical World
- Here's What's New on Netflix In January
- Last Chance: Everything That's Leaving Netflix in January
- Netflix Is Rebooting Queer Eye For The Straight Guy, And Here's the New Cast
- The TV Shows We're Most Excited to Watch in 2018
- HBO's David Bowie Documentary Airs On The Icon's Birthday