20 Beautifully Curated Spaces: The Eclectic Collector Look
One of the wonderful things about the “eclectic collector” style is the ability to say yes to any piece of artwork or any accessory that speaks to you. Even if it’s a strange color or an interesting combination of textures and patterns, chances are, you’ll find a spot for it in an eclectic home. Of course, the downside to being drawn to this style is the responsibility of maintaining and paring down your collection to avoid the dreaded “flea market” look! Come see twenty gorgeous examples of eclectic style and get ideas on how to pull it off in your own space.
1. A dramatic table skirt, artsy chandelier, and lots of colorful artwork and books make this workspace into an invigorating, lively spot; from Lonny Magazine.
2. This peaceful bedroom from designer Melanie Turner on cococozy incorporates antique woods, vibrant greens, varied frames, and a simple, light color palette.
3. Mariah Gardner, in her house tour on Apartment Therapy, shows off her eclectic style in a rental — white walls and woodwork blend well with her collection of art, plants, and accessories.
4. This dramatic red bedroom embodies eclectic style, bringing in lots of different bold styles for one cohesive look; designed and photographed (and lived in) by Oberto Gili, seen on House & Home.
5. A striking collection of trays, paired with a vibrant orange hue, breathes life and passion into this corner of a dining room from House & Home.
6. Tropical landscape prints grouped tightly together, combined with an antique table, streamlined chairs, and several well-placed accessories, give this dining space from Better Homes & Gardens an earthy twist on a mixed-up style.
7. This living room from Lonny Mag mixes contrasting texture and color for a colorful yet calm and cohesive look with lots of interest.
8. A great example of grouping a varied collection to add a creative, personal touch. Larissa at mmmcrafts displayed lots of colorful china on her foyer walls.
9. David Carter’s lush, decadent room in his London boutique hotel, 40 WiNKS, just oozes eclectic style; seen in House & Home.
10. Nubby textiles, a casually swagged pendant light, and a shelf headboard give this little sleeping space from House & Home a comfortable, lived-in feel.
11. Elegant patterns and formal arrangements mix with natural and whimsical elements to make this Charleston living room right at home; from Southern Living.
12. White walls keep busyness at bay in this living room by Tommy Smythe, seen in House & Home.
13. Purple, lime green, teal, and red — not colors you’d think of pairing — work well in this New York apartment by Miles Redd, from House Beautiful.
14. Part rustic, part spartan, part retro — this little bedroom from James Greer on desire to inspire pulls lots of different elements together.
15. Bold colors, playful patterns, and cheerful art spice up an otherwise formal sitting room; from House & Home.
16. This serene but lively living room from hgtv combines soothing pinks, lots of art, fresh flowers, and neutral walls.
17. An inspiration board lands in an unlikely place — the foyer! — in this design from House & Home.
18. Shayne and Andrew’s workspace is beautiful, lively, and useful, as well as kid-friendly! From their house tour on Apartment Therapy.
19. Light tones combine with a crystal chandelier and lots of color for an invigorating workspace; from Lonny Magazine.
20. This bedroom from House & Home combines rustic and formal elements for an inviting, casual feel.
(Images: as credited above.)