Light fixtures are natural mood-brighteners because they of course are natural room brighteners. But sometimes light fixtures just seem to go the extra mile. With some table lamps, pendant lights, sconces and more, there's something about the way they look, on or off, that cheers up a modern space instantly. We've gathered 20 that are doing that for us.
Of course, "happy" means a lot to many different people. And certainly, individual tastes play a big part in whether you find a particular light fixture happy or not. But we think there are a few characteristics that make a light happy across the board, like bubbly, round shapes, bold colors, quirky forms, fun patterns and more.
1) West Elm Perch Glass Lamp $69
2) Lights Up! Meridian Pendant starts at $112
3) Vertical Leaf Small Lampshade $117
4) West Elm Industrial Pendant $8 - $60
5) Bubble Light No.5 $206
6) Anthropologie Fruiteria Base $348
7) Claylight Pendant $595
8) CB2 Utility Chartreuse Pendant Lamp $40
9) Vapeur Large Table Lamp $350
10) Lights Up! Oscar Boudoir Lamp $86
11) Anthropologie Rhododendron Chandelier $898
12) Perch! Franny Pendant Light $190
13) CB2 Visor Chartreuse Table Lamp $50
14) Anthropologie Needlework Garden Shade $128
15) West Elm Porcelain Hurricanes $19
16) Perch! Zooey Mini Chandelier $480
17) Anthropologie Timber Legs Lamp $1200
18) VIBIA Puck Ceiling Light starting at $180
19) Kartell Cindy Table Lamp $289
20) Anthropologie Bubbled Orb Pendant $789
What do you think makes a light fixture seem happy? Do you have any happy lights in your home that make you smile whether they're turned on or not?