Maybe the kids have kind of taken over your decorating style for the time being. Creating just small stations of loveliness a la Real Simple can be surprisingly satisfying.
Just a few ideas on how to do it:
• Unify a group of photos using frames of the same color and material.
• Group similar shaped vessels together and then throw in one different shape.
• Organize a theme around a piece of art.
• Let color alone unify different objects.
• Use nature- the kids will enjoy this one as well.
Make use of the higher flat spaces in your home that are out of baby's reach! Find the complete slideshow here.