Maybe you're looking to perk up the look of a living room or bedroom, or perhaps you have a space that needs just a little extra seating to make it perfect. What you need is a new side chair — one that's lovely to sit in but also lovely to look at. Something distinctive that suits your style, but also your budget. We've got just the ticket.
- Pacific Blue Elliott Wingback Chair at World Market, $329.99
A slightly modernized take on the classic wingback chair in a saturated color.
- Velvet Parker Armchair at Anthropologie, $1,248
Here's a traditionally-styled armchair with just enough of a twist to make it interesting.
- Accent Chair Velvet Pool at Target, $599.99
This accent chair comes in a lovely color, and besides just being good-looking it also seems to be — what might be even more important — very comfortable.
- Accent Chair Mystere Peacock at Target, $399.98
This chair is a bit a chameleon — a little bit English pub and a little bit Alvar Aalto. I can see this working equally well in a traditional interior as in a very modern one.
- Linen Bixby Chair at Anthropologie, $898
The barrel shape and button tufting give this little chair an oversize presence.
- Kaia Club Chair at Urban Outfitters, $429
- \Beautiful and just a bit slouchy, with an Italian-modern feel that's very now.
- Softline Swivel Square Chair, Sky Blue at ABC Carpet & Home, $1,142.10
Beautiful styling, and a beautiful color; the rose gold base is a particularly nice touch.
- Metal Frame Upholstered Chair at West Elm, Starting at $759
This slick lounge chair definitely channels Milo Baughman.
- Velvet Ardmore Chair at Anthropologie, $1,298
More velvet, with a bit of a swanky '70s feel.
- 366 Concept Design Armchair in Velvet Sky Blue at Lovely Market, 550€
There's something about the velvet upholstery and Scandinavian styling of this chair that just gets me every time.
- Leather Dowel Arm Chair at Urban Outfitters, $649
Looks like a project you might have made in shop class, if you had been really, really good at shop class.
- Giron Leather Scoop Chair at ABC Carpet & Home, $805.50
Unusual and eye-catching, in a slouchy leather that make it perfect for the most Bohemian of spaces.
- Jax Leather + Wire Chair at Urban Outfitters, $579
A perfect balance of modern styling and earthy texture.
- Sierra Chair at Croft House, $1,075
I love the simplicity of this design — so comfy and so delicate all at the same time.
- Cinto Lounge Chair at CB2, $649
A twist on the safari chair, rendered in a snowy all-white that makes it almost sculptural.
- Rug-Printed Losange Chair at Anthropologie, $1,248
There's definitely something intriguing in this Italian-modern shape rendered in a patterned velvet.
- Kaishi Chair at CB2, $599
Here's a totally unique design, a sleek, modern shape rendered in both warm and unexpected materials.
- Mcanally Teardrop Chair at Wayfair, $379.99
Perfect for indoors or out, a tear-drop wicker side chair reads "I'm a world traveler,
- Randen Upholstered Chair in Multicolor Prints - Acrylic Legs at World Market, $447.99
I love the combo of the intricately patterned upholstery, which recalls Renaissance tapestries but also William Morris prints, and the lucite legs.
- WHIT Geo-Printed Wingback Chair at Anthropologie, $1,498
A familiar shape in a print that bursts with energy.