Next week begins the celebration of Chinese New Year, the most important and longest-lasting holiday in the Chinese Lunar Calendar. Here in Singapore, decorations went up just as soon as the Christmas decorations came down. Festive swaths of red fabrics and gold decor, faux firecrackers and paper lanterns adorn every building and store. Signs of "happiness and prosperity" are everywhere as well as the 2011 mascot: the rabbit.
This Year of the Rabbit roundup showcases just a few examples of how you might incorporate this auspicious symbol into your home.
1. Bunny Vinyl Decals : $19 at HouseHoldWorks
2. Rabbit by Perch: $54 at Velocity
3. Mollaspace Rabbit Shot Glass: $28 at Velocity
4. Bunny Salt & Pepper Shakers: $24 at Pottery Barn
5. Le Lapin Burlap Pillow: $26 at whitehouseblackcat