My friend recently sent me an article on household tips, and after mumbling, "What a great idea!" for the tenth time, I knew I had to share it with you. Some of these ideas are wacky, some are ingenious, and some are from our very own Apartment Therapy sites! So if you missed any of these cool ideas the first time around, here they are again along with some new tricks to add to your bag.
Here are 10 of the tricks I know I'll be using. Head on over to The Daily Buzz to see the full list of 25.
• Rub a walnut over scratches on furniture to hide imperfections (via Apartment Therapy)
• Store sheet sets inside one pillowcase to keep set together. I love this idea because pillow cases, like socks, seem to vanish. There must be a third dimension somewhere in my home filled with all our missing socks and pillow cases. (via Martha Stewart)
• Create a space-saving container garden using guttering (via Life Hacker)
• Use a wet wipes container for storage. The example shows plastic bags, but I'm going to use it to store baby wipes. (via Savvy Housekeeping)
• Place iPod or MP3 player in a bowl to make a quick, impromptu speaker. We tried this and it really does amplify the sound! (via Real Simple)
• Place a stocking over a vacuum hose to find small items. (via Instructables)
• Use a muffin tin to store craft or small household items. You can secure the container cups using magnets. (via Family Fun Go)
• Finally, finally learn how to correctly fold a fitted sheet so it's not a jumble of cotton. (via Stephmodo)
• Use a box lid as a cupcake/muffin holder. (via Real Simple)
• Use egg cartons to organize and store holiday decorations. (via Re-Nest)
(Images: As linked)