Whether you're brushing your teeth or primping and sprucing yourself up, you'll undoubtedly at some point in the morning find yourself spending time in the bathroom. Many of us agree that too much tech in the bathroom can be a bad thing, but here are 4 simple ways that we can benefit from just a small healthy dose.
Check on the weather
What better time than when staring
loathingly lovingly at yourself in the mirror to avail yourself to useful weather info. Before getting dressed. find out the weather for the entire day, not just the current weather as it looks out the window. Outside is probably not going to be the same as your 72 degree air conditioned home. Know in advance whether you need to grab an umbrella or throw on an extra-warm sweater.
- When it Gets Stormy: Weather Radio Roundup
- Ambient Devices' Cirrus 7 Day Weather Forecaster
- 3 Cool Weather Alerts that Tell You How to Dress
- Weather Devices: How Do You Check the Forecast?
- Oregon Scientific Weather Hub
- Get the Forecast at a Glance With These Apps
- WoodStation: Wood, Clock and Weather Station
Catch up on news / sports highlights
Highlights. Put a tv in the bathroom (better yet, directly into the mirror itself) and catch up on the boob tube when otherwise you might be wasting time in the morning sitting on the couch doing so instead.
- Mirror TV from Artelinea Spa
- Survey: Bathroom Mirror-Television, Hot or Not?
- Tilevision Waterproof Mirror TV
- Bathroom Televisions That Hide Inside Mirrors
- The Media-Wired Bath: New Trend?
Set an alarm in the bathroom and keep yourself from dilly dallying in the bathroom. Time your showers so you aren't wasting time and water.
Monitor Your Health
Step on the scale while you're brushing your teeth. Keeping track of your weight on a daily basis at the same time each day is a good start (although just a very minute start) to staying healthy.