Warmer weather calls for lazy outdoor dinners that stretch into the night. These five candles are the perfect outdoor tabletop accessory, with scents that call to mind the earthy freshness and warmth of a summer garden.
Shown above the jump, from left to right.
1. Garden & Forest Infusions from Tatine Candles ($28.95): Tatine is a Chicago-based candle studio that makes small batches of handcrafted soy candles. With fragrances like Garden Cucumber, Tomato Leaf, Creeping Moss, and Rosemary Mint, you might as well be sitting out on a chair in your garden. Tatine uses recycled glass and FSC-certified wood for her candle containers, essential oils, 100% cotton wicks and recycled packaging with vegetable based inks.
2. Heirloom Tomato Candle from Linnea's Lights ($28): this soy candle from Linnea's Lights was inspired by a walk through the Brandywine Valley's tomato fields, and it captures the aroma of a just-picked tomato off the vine with top notes of fresh citrus and a leafy herbaceous middle. Hand-poured with lead-free cotton wicks, packaged in recycled materials, printed with soy inks and hand-stamped.
3. Herb Garden Candle from James Boyce ($29): made with a special type of wax created by crushing the seeds of the apricots, this candle is inspired by fresh, locally grown produce, herbs, and spices, and is made with black chanterelle and cardamom flowers.
4. Crushed Mint Table Candles from Terrain ($28): Made of beeswax and soy wax, the soft scent of peppermint oil and sweet birch are a perfect reminder of warm weather when enjoying a summer dinner. Also available is a Lemon Verbena set.
5. Basil Leaf Garden Candle from Terrain ($24): Made exclusively for Terrain by artisans in New York City, this vegetable-based basil leaf scented candle is hand-poured into a multi-purpose Weck Jar and provides 80 hours of illumination.