Live wallpaper is one of the few features that puts Android a leg up on iOS, and what better way to show off your new Android phone than to use a live wallpaper. Here are a few live wallpapers that will make your iPhone loving friends think twice about what phone to get next year.
1. Super Clock: This live wallpaper puts the date and time right on your wallpaper so you won't have to waste valuable background real estate on a crummy clock widget. The thing we love about this clock wallpaper is the ability to customize the size, arrangement and even font of the clock.
2. Super Mario Live Wallpaper: Bring back the memories with this live wallpaper. It features the good, old Mario as many of us remembered it. Nothing like having Mario run across your screen that will make the Apple fan boy/girl in your life green with envy.
3. Captain America Live Wallpaper: If you are a fan of Captain America, you will definitely like this wallpaper. Clicking on your screen will create awesome effects, as if bullets were bouncing off of Captain America's shield. This wallpaper brings out the inner nerd/villain out of all of us.
4. Light Grid: This live wallpaper turns the background of your Android device into colorful light tiles. With options for customizing color and brightness, along with different effects, it'll turn your Android into a party in your palm!
5. Photile: Don't like any of our suggestions so far? Well, this live wallpaper allows you to turn any of your favorite photo/wallpaper into a live wallpaper. This app will turns your photo into interactive tiles that will react to your touch. This app showcases the live wallpaper feature perfectly!
A word of caution, since live wallpaper continuously run in the background, they can really eat up your battery quickly. A useful tip is to use darker/dimmer colors if possible and avoid adding too much animation to your live wallpaper. Now, go forth and show off to your iPhone friends on what your Android can do!
Check out our other Android roundups: