We love traveling, but we know that we might not be in the majority with this opinion. Everyone loves a vacation, but getting there is not always the most fun experience. We travel frequently and thought about which apps have made trips easier, more pleasant and were just plain (er should we say "plane" he hee) useful. Here are seven of our top picks.
- Tripit: This free app turns your forwarded confirmation emails into itineraries. We love how easy it is to see the whole trip at a glance, complete with local maps and car reservation info. With Tripit Pro, which costs $49 a year, the app will show gate information including last minute changes as well as track your frequent flier info.
- Kayak Explore + Flight Search: We love using this free app to search for flights as well as hotels. The Explore option in the iPad app is also great for when you want to plan a short trip within a trip under a certain budget.
- Evernote: We use Evernote on a daily basis (and several times a day when traveling) and love how it helps us keep everything organized. With Evernote you can keep all of your receipts organized as well as important documents that you want always accessible. We love using Evernote to snap photos of things we want to remember, like where we parked or a great bottle of wine at a restaurant. This app is available for a host of mobile platforms including the iPad, iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Palm Pre, and Windows Mobile.
- Motion X Drive: This app turns your iPad into a turn by turn navigation system. Perfect for when you need a little more assistance with navigation than the Maps app can offer.
- Airline Apps: Whichever airline we are flying we make sure to have their app installed. With Fly Delta we have been able to skip using boarding passes entirely at many airports. Other airlines with apps include, American Airlines, Southwest, and Virgin Atlantic.
- OpenTable: This app makes finding and booking a reservation at restaurants in the US, Canada, and UK a quick and pain free process. The map feature makes it easy to choose from a great place near where you are staying.
- TimeTuner Radio Alarm Clock: This $2.99 app sets itself to the correct time and time zone and provides you with a host of internet streaming radio stations to wake up to. Perfect for traveling across multiple time zones.
For some more vacation tips check out these posts:
- 5 Tech Must-Have's While on Vacation
- 10 iPhone Apps for the Green Traveler
- 10 Tech Tips to Tackle Before Leaving for Vacation