A blanket tossed across the end of a bed or draped over a chair can be the perfect accessory. It not only looks cute in a haphazard kind of way but it's practical for those chilly autumn evenings. These blankets and throws lean toward the neutral end of the spectrum, making them perfect additions to just about any space.
• Color Block Blanket from West Elm – An acrylic/cotton blend, this blanket is available in three colorways. $109
• Striped Wool Blanket from Coyuchi – Made from wool that comes from Sheep pastured in the cool mists of Canada. $180
• Harbor Ivory Blanket from Unison – An easy neutral blanket offset with whip stitch trim. $128
• Yakima Camp Blanket $88, 5th Avenue Glacier Park Throw – Both are Pendleton classics, although the Glacier Park may be a little more iconic. $138
• Wool & Cashmere Throw from Garnet Hill – With a touch of cashmere, this blended blanket is soft to the touch but dry clean only. $128
(Images: As credited above.)