We're already thinking about the influx of books that occurs during the school season. If you're looking to beef up your bookcases, have no fear, it won't cost you as much as you think with these 5 diy beauties!
1. Merry Go Round Book Caddy: We love this idea for small and tall books alike. It's a great way to keep your weekly books separate from the rest of the herd and can be used in small spaces or rentals without the risk of the damage that built ins might cause to a rental space. (And it's the brainchild of Ohdeedoh's own Katie!)
2. Another Great DIY Book Display: This bookcase is slim and trim and doesn't take up any floor space, which is often at a premium in children's rooms.
3. Rain Gutter Bookshelves: Since we first ran across this idea, we haven't been able to stop thinking about it. It's quick, easy and could even work in a rental. It allows you to have a bookcase in the largest, lowest, smallest or tallest of spaces as it's fully customizable without any extra legwork!
4. Good Idea: Turn a Bookcase into a Front Facing Book: If you aren't looking to bust out the power tools, this standard bookcase is available for cheap at most big box stores. Simply add a few pieces of wood to the front of each shelf and you've turned it into a whole new animal.
5. How To: Make a Hanging Book Display: Although this set up isn't technically a book "case" per say, it is the perfect place to stash some nightly readers or could easily be recreated 5 or 6 pouches tall to create a more typical bookcase look without the risk of being pulled over or climbed (and conquered).
Do you have a fabulous bookcase in your home? Did you do something out of the norm that you think others would enjoy? Make sure to drop us a line to let us know!
Image: Full Image Credits In Linked Posts Above