I've been wandering through homes photographing them for House Tours since the beginning of the year and I've noticed that a lot of collections are centered in the kitchen. After the jump, check out five of my favorite kitchen collections.
- The vintage kitchen accessories and bakeware displayed over the cabinets in Melissa's Vintage Chicago Comfort House Tour are a colorful addition to the kitchen. With the old school vibe of Melissa's apartment, the colorful sifters and canisters fit right in.
- The piggies lined along a shelf in Tim's Classic Two Flat were collected on a business trip Tim would take every year. When he finally stopped making the trek, Tim displayed the pigs in his kitchen as a reminder of those trips.
- At Christofer's Mid-Century Collection I spied a collection of vintage toys whimsically displayed on top of the kitchen cabinets. The colorful old Playskool toys give the white cabinetry great visual interest.
- A large glass container filled with bocce and croquet balls is a simple yet breathtaking centerpiece on the dining room table of Steven and Meredith's Modern Mix House Tour.
- Leif's Mid-Century Heritage House Tour contains a colorful Catherineholm collection that is prominently displayed on a shelf in the kitchen. Hanging next to the collection is a black and white ad for the enamelware.
Images: Jason Loper