The talented Stephen Drucker (who we had the pleasure of meeting when we were in NY in the Spring) recently hosted a House Beautiful Color Institute at the Merchandise Mart and the Tribune covered it. Jump below for a quick recap:
According to the Tribune, the editor in chief of HB said some wise words: Everybody can pick one color pretty easily...It's the second color that sets it in motion. It's really all about the combination. We agree 100%, so getting some suggestions from pros makes things much easier when considering a color change for your home.
Here are Drucker's suggestions for 5 combos that are fresh and modern -
- Pale Blue and Apple Green: paint your wood headboard in Granny Smith apple green, a really beautiful, strong color...and then get the most beautiful pale blue sheets
- Navy and Pink: the perfect masculine/feminine combination
- Caramel and Aqua: the next incarnation of "chocqua"
- Pale Blue and Red: One of my favorites is red lampshades on sconces, table lamps or a chandelier in an otherwise pale blue room. That's all the red you'd need to make the room take off.
- Blue & White: If you make the blue more of a peacock blue, it's going to have a little more of a fashion edge — and look a lot chicer. If you use more of an ivory with a paler blue, you'll get a much more romantic feeling.
Read the entire article at the Tribune for more on these color combos.