Around our household, it was tradition that we each found a book or two under our Christmas tree each year. They weren't just any book, they were ones full of fabulous illustrations and touching stories that we know our parents stood in the aisles at the bookstore reading cover to cover before they made it home.
But just in case your looking for something to go along with a book or two, here's a few supplies for the little reader in your family who just can't get enough. Do you have a gift that's been well loved in the past when it comes to reading? Make sure to add it to the list in the comments below!
Featured Above Left To Right
• A Really Short History Of Nearly Everything: for $11.69 from Barnes and Noble. Books with multiple subjects in them can keep kids occupied for hours. This one is packed with pictures and full of history!
• LED Book Light: for $14.95. Save on batteries with LED's and let your children stay up late and read. Chances are they'll be out faster than your average bedtime story, or 6. They'll think they're so grown-up.
• Text Block Pages: for $6.50 at The Paper Source. Take the dirty work out of book binding and go ahead and use pages that are already bound. There's graph paper to help little hands write out words in a straight line or blank pages or journal style. We like these since they make text and illustrations easier. Just add your own cover!
• TikaTok Hard Bound Book: for $16 from TikaTok. Although there's other book publishing sites, this one deals strictly with kids material and allows you to create a book from their drawings.
• Digital Bookmark: for $8.95 from Fat Brain Toys. Having taught for several years at a local elementary school, we can suggest these with gusto. Even the children who can get lost in their reading for hours love knowing just how much time they spent doing so.
(Images: As Linked Above)