The design of one's own office is an important project for an architect to undertake. More than almost any other space, it represents the "face" of a firm, and its design should say something about the type of work that's created within...
The photos above convey some immediate information about the architects who work there. One space is bold and cutting edge, another is humble and small but very smart. One is grandiose, another is modern and airy, and yet another looks like a carefully crafted ship.
For details on each of the spaces shown above, click through the links:
• 1 Selgas Cano Architecture Offices in Madrid
• 2 Sergio Santos' Closet-Sized Live/Work Space in Delray Beach, Florida
• 3 Ricardo Bofill's Cement Factory Home and Office in Barcelona
• 4 Studio Gang's Office in Chicago
• 5 Attic Renovation by 2C Design Studio in Somerville, Massachusetts