In high school, my classmates and I generally saw wood pallets as potential firewood for the bonfires we'd have at the beach on "ditch days." Thankfully, my horizons have broadened and can appreciate pallets as the building blocks for so much more. See 5 examples of pallets turned into inspired home furnishings after the jump.
1. This pallet bed frame had inherent built-in storage. I'm also digging the magazine-supported night stand. (from Green Wellies)
2. Another pallet bed, this one painted minimalist white and given a headboard has a distinctly Scandanavian feel. (from emmas designblogg)
3. I'm a big fan of floating desks and this one uses the structure of the pallet for built-in "drawer" space. The addition of the glass top is a nice touch that will minimize the splinter-factor (from Shelterness)
4. This media console is made extra adorable with the pairing of vintage delivery crates. And how perfectly do the dvd and cable boxes fit underneath? (from Funky Junk Interiors)
5. Here's the "c'est nes pas une table" coffee table. Also uses a glass top to show off your collection of books, magazines or whatever you like. (from tater tots & jello)
(Images: as linked above)