5 Natural DIY Recipes for Cleaning, Polishing & Restoring Wood
We independently select these products—if you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. All prices were accurate at the time of publishing.
Those beloved-but-worn salad bowls? The slightly scratched teak table you scored at an antique fair? Your 90-year-old wood floors? Make them shiny and new with one of these simple wood cleaning recipes (chances are you can make one with ingredients you already own.)
Watch Ben Light finish wood beautifully using milk paint:
- Two common salad dressing ingredients make up the basis of this easy wood polish from Planet Forward.
- Toymaker Amber Dusick shares the beeswax wood polish recipe she uses on her handmade toys.
- Make your floors looks shiny and new for spring with this basic floor cleaner from Organic Authority.
- Restore aged, worn wood with this heavy duty polish from The Pistachio Project.
- Want a recipe that works and makes your home smell wonderful? Try this essential oil cleaner from A Bowl Full of Lemons.
Add in your favorite natural methods for cleaning, polishing and restoring wood furniture and flooring below in the comments!
Re-edited from a post originally published on 4.29.13 – AB