5 Tech Kickstarter Projects Worth Investing In
There are quite a few amazing projects on Kickstarter, but the most incredible thing is when something conceptual actually gets funding and is made. This was something that was reserved for big companies, but now tinkerers and engineers with great ideas can create products that will end up in your hands. Here are some of our favorite computer peripherals and accessories we’ve found.
1. Twine: This project is one of the most interesting that we’ve seen, and it’s currently attained over $173,000 in backers, with an initial goal of only $45,000. Needless to say that this project will go full steam ahead. Twine is an easy way to setup home automation, allowing you to collect your technology to the Internet, like receiving a tweet when you laundry is done. You’ll have to pledge $99 to receive a Twine, and you’ve got until January 3rd, 2012.
2. LandingZone MacBook Air Dock: If you’re one of those people who has elected to use the MacBook Air as their main computer, then you’ll be happy to find out about this stylish docking solution. The LandingZone dock includes 4 USB ports, an Ethernet port, a DisplayPort, a Kensington lock port, as well as a power supply. They have attained their goal, so this dock will be made. You still have until December 31st to back this project. The minimal pledge to get it is $159.
3. Printrbot: 3D printers are quickly coming out of the hands of the big corporations and into the hands of makers everywhere. While some of the kits are still quite expensive, the Printrbot is supposed to be one of the simplest 3D printers around and you can get your own for $499. This project has over $322,000 in backers. The initial goal was $25,000 and you’ve got until December 17th to fund it.
4. Estylo: This is the only wooden stylus that will work on capacitive touch screens. This is definitely a cool, eco-friendly project, which was completely funded. The initial goal was $3,500, but they managed to get over $28,000 in funding. You’ve got until December 12th to order yours.
5. ODDIO1 Headphones/ iPod Shuffle Dock: Running with a music player can be problematic. This elegant solution will dock Apple’s smallest iPod into headphones, allowing you to listen to your tunes without worrying about missing a beat. A minimal pledge of $35 will allow you to get one of these.