If you're lucky enough to have some outdoor space, now's the time to start putting it to use. Or at least lay the groundwork. Once Memorial Day rolls around, you'll want that little outdoor escape, even if it's just a fire escape or front stoop. These five stores have great online catalogs to help you get started ... and you never even have to leave your living room.
- Flora Grubb This store's San Francisco brick and mortar location is incredible. It's enough to make you want to hop a plane and visit the city just to shop there. Their web shop isn't very vast but it's a great resource for vertical planting supplies and terrariums. Shown here: Vertical Succulent Garden D.I.Y. Panels, which have an accompanying tutorial blog post. $79.00
- Potted This LA-based store offers "indoor style for outdoor living." Their online offerings are pretty vast, with lots of beautiful pots and planters, as well as outdoor furniture, fire pits and fountains. Shown City Planter $198
- Plow & Hearth This is one of my go-to online sources for living essentials, like doormats and boot trays. In addition to outdoor furniture and accessories, they also have a great "yard and garden" section, which is a great resource for tools and planters. Shown Lexington Tall Self-Watering Planter $99.95
- Terrain From the folks behind Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie, this outdoor store has a couple of brick and mortars on the East Coast. From the photos I've seen, it's another shop that deserves a special trip. In the meantime, Terrain has a great online selection, too - with everything from furniture and pots to wreaths and plants. Shown here: Herbal Tea Seed Bombs $14.00
- West Elm Thanks to West Elm's Market concept, you can be just as stylish outdoors as you can indoors. In fact, all of their garden tools and accessories are so beautiful you may be worried about getting them dirty. But don't worry - the smudges will look cool and let people know you really do get your hands dirty. Shown here: Dramm Garden Hose $69.95
(Images: 1. LaManda's Yarden in the City. All others: as credited above.)