If you're not familiar with Plasti-Dip, it's a type of rubberized paint that coats and protects whatever object it's used on. It's a tremendously fun product to mess around with, and a great way to customize and decorate ordinary items. If you are looking to boost your decor this holiday, pick up a can at the hardware store and go to town.
1. Above, create holiday decorations out of everyday organic materials, like these glittered and dipped pinecones from Journey with the Johnsons.
2. Above, Home Depot transformed regular wine glasses into something more festive.
3. If you are thinking hard about what gifts to give, try making a set of these custom "embossed" wooden spoons from Just Something I Made.
4. Create origami ornaments out of folded paper. These white cranes were made by Fellow Creatives.
5. Chatelaine shows how to update your holiday table with dipped flatware, and unify all your disparate vintage or thrift store finds.