We can talk until we're blue in the face about reducing the number of items in our home and doing away with things that aren't a necessity. That's all well and good, but there are some items, no matter how small our house is, that we'll always have in our home in abundance. See if there's anything you have to add to our list!
Here's our short list of household necessities, do you have anything to add? Do you have a ton of silverware? What about light bulbs or trash bags? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
• Canning Jars: It doesn't matter if they're full or empty, our shelves are always packed. We have them in our food storage, our current pantry and some for day to day storage for leftovers in the refrigerator.
• Dish Towels: Doing away (or almost doing away) with paper towels means we have a large supply of dish or hand towels ready to go. We prefer flour sack towels and always have at least 20 ready to go. There's probably more in the wash and dirty clothes basket, but you get the idea. Between kitchen messes, dishes and dogs who don't always keep their lunch down (yuck) we are always prepared.
• Artwork: Just because we live in a small space, doesn't mean we shy away from collected art. It's the last thing moved from old apartments and the first thing tackled upon moving in somewhere new. Invest in good frames and go crazy, the ceiling is the limit!
• Toiletries: We really only keep toilet paper around in extreme bulk, but we always have a spare toothpaste and deodorant. They're always the stray items left off our shopping list and when most of the groceries are purchased from Farmer's Markets, it cuts down on the number of needed trips to Target!
• Vinyl Records: Although we have all of our music collection archived on the computer, we still have a soft spot for a good record. Normally we'd tell you to donate those which haven't been listened to in awhile, but in our house, that just never happens. We listen to several a day and there's always sweet sounds being heard!