This year we're giving simple gifts so that we have more time to actually spend with people. And the gifts we're DIYing? They're all easy, simple and practical.
1. An herb garden or succulent arrangement: Herbs will keep your friend's kitchen filled with life while a succulent arrangement is perfect for a table centerpiece or a nice hello at the door.
2. A Pamper Basket: fill a basket or a bag with homemade body scrubs and soaks in pretty weck canning jars (available at Heath Ceramics). Or just buy some nice things for the bath and call it a day.
3. Personalized Stationery: A couple of years back we bought some Crane notecards and simply printed out some personalized cards to give our friend Jamie. We kept it simple and just had each card read" Un Petit Mot de Jamie" or "Merci" or "Hello". She loved it and we were proud of our simple achievement without coss or time getting out of control.
4. Coupons for Labor or Favors: This year we (well, I) discussed with my mom that I didn't feel that I should give her any more stuff (since my gramma died mom absorbed a lot of the things from gramma's house that we couldn't let go of) and that instead I would help her either finish a project or get rid of something for the next couple of christmas's and birthdays. I could make it more official with a coupon book.
5. Something for the Table: If you're any good at sewing, find some great fabric and make a simple tablecloth or some of these coasters. Add in some DIY linen spray for when the tablecloth needs to get ironed!
What DIY Gifts are you giving this year? Anything that's mainly practical?