Whether it's due to budget or space constraints, or maybe just because you want to, sometimes it's nice to have simple holiday decorations around the house. Just because every surface isn't dripping with greenery, bows and ornaments doesn't mean the house can't look festive for little ones. Here are some great ideas we've spotted recently.
1. A tree cutting in a glass container. We love the candles in simple glass jars as well. Everything looks so natural the way it's casually placed on the stairs. If you've got little ones, stairs on the candle aren't necessarily optimal but this easy breezy look is what we're going for. (via The Boo and the Boy/Hus&Hem).
2. Using food as holiday decoration. A popcorn garland, bags of coffee, a crate of clementines and some paper snowflakes over at The Small Notebook.
3. A suspended wreath. We love the idea of suspending a wreath instead of hanging one on a wall or door. Using candy canes and pinecones as display is inexpensive and good looking. (via The Boo and the Boy/Hus&Hem).
4. Soft lighting and a show-stopping gingerbread house. Benita of Chez Larsson made this gingerbread mansion with her son. It looks great sitting atop her mantel with a string of fairy lights and a candle in a glass hurricane. (via Chez Larsson)
5. Potted evergreens. If floor space is rare, how about a row of potted evergreens on a mantel or shelf? These are precious topped with a paper snowflake using a mini clothespin. (via Livet Hemma)
6. Orange garland. Like a popcorn garland (see 2 above), this is a great and easy way to create some holiday cheer around the house. I simply used a crate of clementines that weren't very sweet to create a couple of garlands and then let them dry. You could also use slices of apple and cranberries as well. (Image: Janie Lee)