This gorgeous kitchen is in a south London home, available to rent for your next video or catalog shoot through jj Locations. This means that from day to day, no one actually lives there, which is a real shame, because this might be the most beautiful kitchen in the world. You could make a trip to London, book the house for a few days, and play make-believe — or you could just steal some of these design ideas for your own space.
1. That combination of marble and wood is to die for. The marble imparts a timeless elegance, and the rough wood cabinets add warmth and texture — a perfect match.
2. A little bit of contrast can be a very good thing. The black cabinets (and light fixtures) in this kitchen add just the right amount of dark: sophisticated but not dreary.
3. Adding subway tile in the back of glass-front cabinets is an unusual and intriguing touch.
4. A built-in dish draining area (the grooves to the left of the sink in the photo above), may be a little detail, but it's a wonderfully convenient one.
5. A vintage-style oven is a great way to add personality to a minimal kitchen. Modern elements elsewhere in the kitchen keep the space from feeling like a time capsule.
6. If you have the ceiling height, a second row of cabinets is a great way to avoid having an awkward-looking gap between the top of your cabinets and the ceiling — and also a great way to get a little extra storage/display space.
7. Consider an oversized cabinet in place of a walk-in pantry to have everything within arm's reach.
To see more photos of this kitchen (and the beautiful house it's located in, too), visit jj Locations.