The other day we stopped by a friend's home as she was wrestling an already dry duvet into the dryer. We were a little puzzled until she explained that she'd been sick for a few days. The first thing she always does when she gets better is to clean the duvet or throw it into the dryer to freshen it. Here are some other things she does:
- Change the bedding. She also gives her pillows the dryer treatment, usually accompanied by a lavender sachet. Even if it doesn't kill any germs, her bedding smells clean and fresh.
- Replaces or cleans the toothbrush: our friend changes her electric toothbrush's brush head. We've also heard that you can clean a manual toothbrush by boiling it.
- The teakettle: Those cups of tea were soothing while you were sick. Now's the time to give it a good scrub.
- Door knobs: especially the ones leading to the bedroom and the bathroom.
- Sink handles: both the bathroom and the kitchen.
- The refrigerator handle: this is one we always forget.
- The thermometer: wipe it down with alcohol.
(Image: Anne & Chris's Light Filled Modern)