Vases are nice, but hulk-ish mint green action figures holding a yellow flower? SO MUCH BETTER. Yeah, it's a little weird, but it's also so refreshing to see something different. Here are six somewhat strange suggestions to try this spring....
1. I am so in love with this simple idea from Open Studio (lead image above). Find an action toy or two in the thrift store, spray paint them, and give them something to hold.
2. A quirky DIY face vase made by The House That Lars Built. She used paper flowers but you can modify the project for fresh ones.
3. A basket surrounded by fresh flowers — from Paper N Stitch — is great for Easter, but the idea works just as well throughout the season.
4. Loving your macramé these days? Who isn't? Instead of a succulent or fern, drop some daisies in a bowl and enjoy! We Are Scout shows you how they made this one.
5. This pyramid of flowers was a photo shoot for Oh Joy's line of party ware for Target, but it would also make a great table centerpiece for an event.
6. A floral cloche created for P.S. I Made This eschews the vase in favor of something infinitely more interesting and unexpected.