Going vertical with your storage is a great way to save space, but sometimes even that just isn't enough. When you need to eke out just. a. little. bit. more. room for your stuff, seek slim solutions that fit tidily into unlikely places. Here are seven moments where narrow storage is the new normal...
1. This tall bookshelf is just what was needed in Beth's Teeny Tiny Peek-a-Boo View home, which is only 365 square feet in total. (Lead image above).
2. In Kittie's Tiny Tudor City Triumph, this pull-out cabinet allows her to store flatware standing up, and provides the perfect place to keep aluminum foil and plastic wrap tucked away.
3. Nancy recently shared all the ways that IKEA TRONES packs a lot of storage into small spaces. Here, a column of stacked cabinets turn a narrow wall into a recycling center.
4. The Kitchn recently posted about this clever way to store knives. They don't have to hang out on the countertop, but they are easily accessible for everyday use.
5. Jordan used tension rods in her daughter Eloise's small room, and turned otherwise unusable space into added clothing storage.
6. When Emilie remodeled her kitchen, she planned for this rolling pantry, which is just narrow enough to slide in beside her refrigerator.
7. Turned sideways, rolling carts can slip into little spaces, or sit unobtrusively in a corner. This kitchen appeared in IKEA's 2013 catalog.
Re-edited from a post originally published 1.28.15-NT