Drop cloths are about as basic as it gets. Easily purchased for cheap at the hardware store, they make great blank canvases for DIY holiday decorations that are easy, relaxed takes on holiday tradition. Here are seven great projects that are simple to pull off and can take you past fall, through Thanksgiving, and then into Christmas.
1. Above, HGTV created the look of a roaring fireplace. At the end of the season, just roll it up and store it away for next year.
2. Hang a blank section of cloth to use as a "gratitude wall” to record things your family is thankful for. This one was created by Juliska for Traditional Home.
3. Blue Cricket Design used a canvas as a base for a Thanksgiving tablecloth covered with handwritten words of gratitude.
4. Use old scraps to create a seasonal wreath that can be hung year after year. This one is from Simply Kierste.
5. Count down the days until Christmas with a DIY advent calendar like this one from Beneath My Heart.
6. This chalkboard Christmas tree from Simply Radiant is easy to make, and doesn't take up the amount of room that a real one would. If it's a used canvas, the paint covers any pre-existing splatters.
7. Create a no-fuss Christmas tree skirt, like this one from Craftaholic. You can either embellish it further or leave it looking utilitarian.