We can part with our CDs, thin out our closets of clothing, stop coming home with curbside finds... but we must find more room for more books [wild eyed]. Laure's Book in the Rafters idea and this wrap around ceiling shelving are both efficient uses of overhead space. Corners, stairways, closets and even doorways can be converted into additional storage. Below are 7 more efficient solutions for small space shelving storage...
- Contactbox Contact shelf is a solution for a slim wall space in between rooms, doorways, hallways or bathrooms.
- This is a garage storage space project, but could easily be converted into a corner spinning bookshelf for all your paperbacks and knick knacks.
- Just a concept design, but we love the sculptural quality of this corner shelf.
- Here's the real world budget retail version of the idea above from Sears.
- We store our shoes up the stairs. Why not books?
- Like a paper fan, these folding bookshelves can open and fold away vertically when not in use.
- Got a doorway you hardly ever use? You can convert that under utilized space as a rotating/hidden bookshelf!