When venturing into the wilderness, minimal is the way to go. That said, there are a few products that will make your life a bit easier and your camping experience that much more enjoyable.
For your next camping trip, think light-weight, compactable and function-first. The last thing you want is to be lugging around and sorting through a bunch of unnecessary items.
1. With the Camper Cookset from REI, all of your kitchenware fits into a 3 liter pot. Bowls, mugs, pots and pans — everything you need for four people is included.
2. Rolla Roastas are one of my favorite tools for the campfire. The little dial allows you to spin the rod, getting the perfect golden brown on all sides of your marshmallow. Each rod shrinks down to only a few inches.
3. The Jetboil is the way to go if you're looking for a compact, light-weight burner. It only weighs 10.5 ounces! There are a range of other attachments that work with the system, including a frypan and coffee press.
4. Don't leave home without a headlamp. A hands free light source is money when camping. And I wouldn't be surprised if you found other uses for the headlamp in your day to day life.
5. Hot water (and showering) is a luxury while camping. With the solar shower you simply fill it up in the morning and leave out in the sun. During the day, it heats up so you have hot water to bathe with in the evening.
6. The ipetal is a solar powered charging station for your phone. This is great if you're going to be using your phone as a navigation tool or in case of an emergency.
7. The Doublenest Hammock is durable, super light and fits neatly into a grapefruit sized pack. It's also wide enough for two to cuddle up together.
8. This LED lantern can hang from a tree or sit on the ground. It has a dimming switch and folds into a neat little unit.
(Images: As credited above.)