UK-based Swell Group (aka Amanda Swanwick-Aharoni and Brendan Kirwan) own eight properties in Western Europe, each of which they've decorated according to the region and what works for the apartment. Their Montmarte property is decked out with glitzy chandeliers, while their Seville apartment is full of local flavor, right down to the painting of the bull hanging over the sofa.
They explain their philosophy of decorating each place according to its setting: "We do not have a "one style fits all" approach because an Irish cottage has a very different look and feel from a Parisian apartment. So we created a gorgeous cosy nest for the cottage with real fires and comfy chairs and a glamorous pied-a-terre for the Parisian apartment."
They clearly list pricing and availability online for each location, and they've got a handy "essential info" section with details about how to get there and what you can expect from your stay. I found my ideal fit (if I was vacationing in Ireland this summer) — the Secret Cottage in County Donegal. Complete with a Smeg refrigerator and working fireplace, it's a cozy one-bedroom house that's just a one-minute walk to the pub and shops!
Properties Shown Above
- Art Noveau Apartment in Montmarte, Paris
- Second-Floor Walk-up in Seville, Spain
- Courtyard Apartment in Bath, England
- Townhouse Apartment in Bath, England
- Seaside Apartment in Suffolk, England
- Gatsby House in Ardara, Co. Donegal, Ireland
- Honey Cottage in Stragar, Co. Donegal, Ireland
- Secret Cottage in Ardara, Co. Donegal, Ireland
Photos: The Swell Group