Having trouble keeping your plants happy during a drought? There are ways to get your garden through heat and dry spells without keeping the sprinklers on all the time…
If your plants haven't seen rain, there are some easy strategies to adhere by to keep them healthy:
- Water in the mornings
- Water the soil, not the leaves
- Use mulch and compost to lock in moisture
- Don't use pesticides because they cause stress on the plants.
- Don't plant anything large such as shrubs. Wait until water is more abundant.
- Choose drought tolerant plants
- Stop mowing, it causes water loss.
- Use grey water
via Planet Green