Name: Katie's Baby Girl (due in January)
Location: Aylmer — Quebec, Canada
We wanted a space that was bright, cheerful and modern for our baby girl. The room was initially a purple-grey color with dark furniture and it made the space look very small. We painted the walls a creamy white and added all white furniture and bright accessories. It's amazing how much bigger the room seemed afterwards! I didn't want to overcrowd the walls, so we added gold dot decals to part of the back wall to add a bit of fun. We thought a dresser would be more practical than a changing table, and this particular one has four small drawers along the top which are perfect for diapers, lotions, creams, and receiving blankets!
My favorite part of the room is the reading nook. Using a photo we saw online as inspiration, we used an IKEA shelf (laid on it's side) as a bench, and added a wonderful cushion which was hand sewn by baby's grandma.
Only a few more weeks until baby arrives, and we hope she will love her room as much as we do!
- Paint Colour: Benjamin Moore Simply White
- Gold Dot Decals: Wallpops
- Heart Blanket: Spearmint Baby
- Change Pad Cover: DwellStudio
- Fox Toy Basket: 3 Sprouts
- Lovely/Wonderful Prints: Turquoise Designs (Australia)
- Birch Painting: Hobby Lobby
- Set of Books: Riffle Paper Company
- Quilt: Handmade by baby's grandma
- Madeline Print: Etsy
- Crib: Bo-Bébé
- Dresser, Bench, Shelves: IKEA