Name: Baby Pulman
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey
Since we live just minutes from New York City, I knew that I wanted to create a nursery for our son that was a calm, inviting retreat from city life. Instead of settling on a traditional nursery "theme," I chose to design a room that would blend well with the rest of our home. We live in a new, modern condo and my general color scheme for our home falls in the grays, blues, blacks and whites. With that in mind, I designed our son's nursery in shades of blue, green, gray, and white.
Apart from the crib, all of the furniture chosen for the room was purchased from brands and collections already found throughout our house (such as Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, and West Elm). I wanted to choose furniture that would grow with our son, with the added possibility of being able to move the pieces to other rooms of the house if we desired. While we purchased plenty of new items for the nursery, we also incorporated a few pieces of existing furniture such as a chiffonier, table lamps, and a small sleeper sofa.
To make the room extra special, I added as many DIY touches as possible. I refinished a rocking horse from my childhood and repainted a tiny rocking chair that was a gift from my grandmother for my first birthday. I also took a stab at creating my own nursery art by writing and framing a favorite Peter Pan quote, and even reupholstered an old bench to create seating beneath the floating bookshelves.
Designing this nursery was easily the most fun project I've ever tackled, and I hope our son loves it as much as we do! Even our dog, Chewie, can't seem to stay out of the room...
- Wall color: Silver Crest by Benjamin Moore
- Floating wall shelves: West Elm
- Velvet lumbar pillow: Pottery Barn
- Rocking chair: DIY
- Giraffe watercolor: Painted by my sister
- Elephant nightlight: Jonathan Adler
- Wool dhurrie rug: West Elm
- Chiffonier: Pottery Barn
- Rocking horse: DIY
- Curtains: Pottery Barn Kids
- Sheep mobile: Pehr Designs
- Framed Peter Pan quote: DIY
- Wool & felt animal bookends: RH Baby&Child
- Llama photograph: Gray Malin
- Moroccan pouf: Overstock.com
- Mirror: Pottery Barn (no longer available)
- Dresser / changing table: Pottery Barn