For a little bit of money and a small amount of time, you get a super handy organizer. Hard to beat that.
Skill Level: Easy
Time Required: 2 Hours, including paint dry time
Project Cost: under $20
What You Need
- Scrap of 1 1/2 inch to 2 inch thick wood, wide enough and long enough to fit knives. Strips of wood could also be used to create spaces between for knives.
- 1/4 inch thick MDF cut into strips to fit into the drawer height.
- Table saw
- Chop saw
- Nails or nail gun
- Start by measuring the length of the knives you'll need to store, including width or measure the current knife block and spacing.
- Mark the spacing on the wood block, then run through a table saw to make grooves 3/4 of the way through.
- If using wood strips, nail from the underside, leaving a 1/8 inch space between strips.
- Sand wood smooth and then build a box around, with a handle support about 3-4 inches from the wood edge.
For more detailed instructions check out Our Humble Abode!
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.