Weekends this time of year are all about staying in and enjoying a cozy night at home with your love, your cat and Channing Tatum dressed as Beyonce. Or, if you can muster just a tiny bit of resolve to get it together, you can whip up the world's easiest dinner party for you and a few of your most delightful friends.
Party Piece #1: Simple Decorations.
This is supposed to be The Easiest Dinner Party Ever™, so don't feel as though you need to break out the fine china or put together a centerpiece. Fresh flowers are a great touch, if you have the time and the vase. Otherwise, just set the table with your everyday wares and call it a night.
- 5 Ways to Enjoy Flowers at Home for the Broke, Busy & Black Thumbed
- The Right Way to Set a Dinner Table (Hint: There's Isn't One, Anymore)
- Why I Set the Table the Night Before a Big Party
Party Piece #2: A really easy recipe.
This isn't the time to try your hand at boeuf bourguignon. Go with one of your go-to weeknight recipes (even if that's chili or delivery pizza).
- 20 Quick Dinner Recipes for Busy Weeks
- 15 Dinners You Can Make in 30 Minutes
- 10 Easy Vacation Meals to Feed a Crowd
Party Piece #3: A fun game.
After dinner, invite everyone to enjoy a game together. Leave the dishes until the morning and let loose for the night to really enjoy the company.
- 10 Always Entertaining Party Games
- 5 Fun & Free Party Games that You Can Play Anywhere, Anytime
- Break the Ice: 5 Favorite Party Games
- The Best Board Games You've Probably Never Played Before
Combine the three pieces, add 3-7 friends and enjoy!