Name: Caden & Brooklyn (7 months)
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Since we live in a rented apartment, I knew that we weren't going to be doing any major overhauls to create a nursery, i.e. no painting, new flooring, heavy-duty wall shelving, etc. The nursery shares an open loft space with my husband's office, so it needed to coordinate with that area as well as be something my husband would be interested in looking at every day.
I decided early on to roll with it, and keep the neutral theme running with the white and espresso colors from the furniture. Then one day I thought of using gold as an accent. I fell in love with the idea right away, and love how the gold adds variation in sheen and texture while still being relatively neutral. This room has quickly become my favorite in our entire apartment. It gets just enough soft light from the skylight, and feels so calming and soothing even to me.
I've always loved giraffes, and was excited to feature giraffes in a nursery even before we were expecting. But then we found out that our "one" baby was actually TWO...so I chose to pair an elephant with the giraffe as part of the theme. It was another great way to keep a neutral feel in the nursery, especially since we chose not to find out the sexes of our babies before they were born.
- Cribs: Babyletto Modo 3-in-1
- Chair: Babyletto Madison Swivel Glider
- Bookcase, Storage Bins, and Lamp: Target
- Elephant and Giraffe Prints: Animal Print Shop
- Changing Table/Dresser: Babyletto Modo 3-Drawer Changer Dresser
- Sheets and Changing Pad Covers: Aden + Anais Up, Up, & Away and Jungle Jam Giraffe
- Name Banner: EverlyLaneDesign, Etsy
- Footstool: Moroccan Embroidered Pouf, Amazon
- Circle Decals: DIY
Thanks, Shannon! Readers, say hi on Shannonigans.