A Modern Rustic Cabin: Then & Now
I stumbled across this photograph in a 1960s interior design book belonging to my grandmother. I love the cabin’s rugged-yet-refined, East-meets-West vibe. Like many mid-century spaces, it feels almost totally contemporary. I rounded up some furniture and accessories inspired by the room, in case I can ever afford my own cozy winter ski cabin.
1. An image from Interior Decoration A to Z by Betty Pepis, published in 1965
2. A collage of furniture and accessories inspired by the space
3. Risom Arm Lounge Chair from DWR
4. George Nakishima-style coffee table on 1stdibs (keep an eye on craigslist for similar style tables at a much smaller price tag)
5. VÄTE floor lamp from IKEA, or there’s always the pricier Isamu Noguchi original
Images: As Linked Above