Project by: Fanny Abbes of The New Design Project
Location: New York, NY
With a blissful color palette and a seamless mix of statement pieces, graphic artwork and ethnic accessories, this New York duplex apartment oozes sophistication and elegance. The inviting and generously proportioned low-slung sectional in the living room makes the most of the high ceilings and natural light, and sets the tone for the rest of the scheme.
An oversized pendant cloche lamp acts as a sculptural centerpiece, while the brass coffee table, a custom piece designed by The New Design Project and crafted by DCM Fabrication, exudes stylish simplicity. The black media wall injects a sense of depth and drama to the space, while the cabinet below, also collaboration between TNDP and DCM, features a golden ratio pattern on the front and a brass inlay on the top that subtly echoes the brass accents present elsewhere in the room.
An assortment of ethnic accessories sit harmoniously alongside custom artwork made from sheets of marble, black and brass laminate, all of which are reflected back in the large antique mirror hanging above the fireplace.
Living room resources:
- Casa sectional sofa by Camerich
- Nuage collection area rug in black, gray and oatmeal by Burke Decor
- Custom brass coffee table; media cabinet; and artwork by The New Design Project
- Capital pendant lamp; Signal floor lamp by CB2
- Custom curtains in kumo sandstone by Romo
- Glass art wall décor by Bo Concept
- Milo leather and brass lounge chair by Crate and Barrel
- Black and white prints; marble and brass side table from Wayfair
- Viso globo base lamp from YLighting
- Ethnic accessories from France & Son and Etsy
In the Dining Room, the blue and green color palette imbues the space with a sense of calm and serenity. Clean lined mid-century lounge chairs are paired with a vintage Moroccan rug and petrified wood side table to create a graceful seating area. Meanwhile, the marble and walnut dining table is matched with vintage caned dining chairs that have been reupholstered in a mid-century inspired blue-green fabric. The custom chandelier, based on a design by Lindsey Adelman, brings a sense of architectural theatre to the space. All artwork by The New Design Project.
Dining Room resources:
- Antique Italian mid-century lounge chairs from Mecox
- Ben Ourain rug from Imports From Marrakesh
- Petrified wood side table by Organic Modernism
- Intimo secretary desk, assorted vases and brass candlesticks by CB2
- Large antique mirror by Restoration Hardware
- Aerostat table lamps from YLighting
- Custom artwork by The New Design Project
- Concorde dining table in marble and walnut by Poliform
- Mid-century caned back dining chairs from Furnish Me Vintage
- Custom chandelier based on a design by Lindsey Adelman
Thanks, The New Design Project !
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Project Submission Form.