A Visual Recipe for Motivation: A Workspace Perfect for Small Spaces
Can't-Miss House Tours Straight to Your Inbox
Keep up with our latest house tours each weekday with our House Tour of the Day newsletter
What do you need, exactly, to create a little home office corner in a bedroom or spare room or even your living room? The kind of space that inspires you, motivates you and also isn’t a trillion dollars to put together? Breanna Bertolini from the blog Brepurposed submitted her home office space as a favorite room, and we found the setup to be simple, sweet and easy-to-replicate — whether you’d rather buy or DIY.
From Breanna of Brepurposed:
“As a blogger and graphic designer, having a comfortable and inspiring work space is a must. I wasn’t able to turn an entire room into my office, but our spare bedroom had the perfect little nook that I could use. I knew I wanted a large desk that took up the whole space, so I had my husband build me a custom one that fit perfectly. Once I had my desk, the decorating was next. I mixed modern and vintage styles to create a simple but impactful space that I feel inspired by every time I sit down. I love how it doesn’t feel too professional and is just an extension of my personality.”
What to DIY:
- Desk: Breanna’s husband made this simple sawhorse desk. It’s great because the idea can be customized to just about any size you might need for your small space.
- Pegboard storage: A modern pegboard plant holder project idea from Brepurposed.
- Desk Chair: Don’t have the dough for a new desk chair? You could find one at a vintage store or repurpose one from another part of the house. Spruce it up to keep with the inspiring theme by painting it a bold color or pattern. From Apartment Therapy: Can You Paint a Fabric Chair? Yes. And You Should.
- Table lamp: This DIY Project Idea: How To Make a Lamp Out of Anything from Apartment Therapy could be great if you don’t want to splurge on buying a table lamp.
- Clock: Make your own wall clock on the cheap, DIY Wall Clock Projects for Every Style
- Art: You can buy the same cute prints that Breanna did (linked below) or you can totally make your own cool wall art: The Mega List! 50 Spectacular DIY Wall Art Projects & Ideas
What to buy:
If you’re not in the DIY mood but want to get your office close to this look, Breanna provided the resources for the accessories she purchased for her home office in her favorite room submission: