The only thing better than a brand new IKEA hack is five brand new IKEA hacks, all in one bedroom. Can you tell which bunch of DIY projects began their lives as items from the Swedish big blue retailer?
Here are the projects, and the IKEA items used to make them:
1. The WHITE CANE BED uses the FJELLSE Pine Twin Bed ($39.99) as a base, and dresses it up with woven cane, molding strips, curtain finials, and a lot of spray paint. For the full tutorial:
2. This RATTAN PENDANT LIGHT started out as a MELODI Pendant Lamp and was painted blue, then woven through with round reed. For the full tutorial:
3. POM POM CURTAINS are easily made by sewing pom pom trim onto white MATILDA Curtains ($19.99).
4. A RATTAN SIDE TABLE is born when you flip over a VIKTIGT Bamboo Basket ($17.99), top it with a SNUDDA Lazy Susan ($9.99), and paint it all white. You can either remove the spinning part, or leave it on for a revolving top.
5. This MACRAME CARAFE is a IKEA 365+ Glass Carafe with Cork Stopper ($4.99) that was tricked out with some twine. For the full tutorial:
If you want to see what the bedroom looked like before its makeover, check out my earlier post.
- Yabane - Arrow Feathers Wallpaper from Spoonflower
- DVALA Comforter from IKEA
- Botanist Fabric from Anthropologie
- Artwork is Vintage from eBay
- Gray Woven Throw Blanket from West Elm
- Medallion Sheet Set in Orange from Target
- Room Essentials Decorative Stitch Lumbar Pillow from Target
- Tamerin Decorative Pillow from Target
Re-edited from a post originally published 7.20.16-NT