Have you ever been to Build a Bear Workshop? Have you SEEN the accessories each bear can sport? From bedding and boots to sashes and socks, there are a ton of options to choose from. But if you don't want to drop a small fortune on accessorizing your child's toy, you can easily make some fun pieces at home. Check out a few tutorials we've rounded up.
1. Sleeping Bags, at Flossie Teacakes. She offers a PDF sewing pattern for sale which is especially good if you're not an experienced sewer. If you're more confident, you can find other free tutorials online such as this one at Sewing Dork.
2. Ribbon Stuffed Animal Collar, at Architecture of a Mom. There are so many beautiful patterned ribbons out there, and you only need a small amount. Sew a snap for a closure or even use iron on velcro if you don't like to be around needles.
3. Felt Band-Aids, at Pink and Green Mama. When your little one gets a boo boo, maybe his favorite bear gets one, too. This tutorial uses a sewing machine, but you could just as easily use fabric glue if you don't have access to a machine.
4. Duct Tape Stuffed Animal Collar, at Instructables. Join the duct tape revolution and make this simple collar without any special skills.
5. Stuffed Animal Hat, at Crafting Play. This project couldn't be easier; all you need is a plastic cup and a small paper plate. Add some ribbon or elastic if you want the hat to stay on all the time.
Does your child like to accessorize stuffed animals? Have you made any clever pieces for them?