Oddly enough, I never took Home Economics. I was booked up in art class, choir or band. Though secretly, I was always jealous of the girls in their hand sewn pillowcase skirts or simple shift dresses. Fast forward to now and I'm about to start a beginners sewing class next week. My pile of straight pins will need a home so I don't knock the entire box of them onto the floor (again), so I've been hunting for pincushions. Here are some of the more adorable ones I've found.
Above from left to right:
1. Felted Cupcake Pincushion $30 by madeinlowell - Chocolate with a strawberry swirl...who could resist this cute felt confection. With some colorful pins, you'll have sprinkles on top!
2. Cactus Pincushion in Red Pot $10 by MalonB- This cute little guy comes with a sweet little red flower to place anywhere you like it.
3. Red Pirate Cat Felt Pincushion $15 by FatCatCrafts - Let this chubby little pirate cat guard your pins. Look at his little peg leg!
4. Wooly Island $28 by Nanachoo - This amazing little world can be used either a toy or a pincushion. It can be custom made with your own choice of colors and animals.
5. It's A Mod Mod Mod Mod World Tomato Pincushion $10 by WickedTomatoFactory - With a name like Wicked Tomato Factory, it's no surprise that the designers love tomato pincushions. They add a mod twist with fun fabrics and buttons to take the ho hum out of this traditional design.
(Images: As linked above)