- Santa Monica, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- The neutral color palette bathed in natural light makes the home feel airy. Despite no outside living space, the vibrant mix of plants and raw materials of the furnishings provide an extension of the outdoors. Soft fabrics and minimal clutter invite respite and rejuvenation. The space is the perfect spot for watching the sailboats go by while catching up on summer reading at sunset. But make no mistake, this apartment loves company. It has played host for dinner parties with a dozen friends. At the same time. Versatile furnishings and flexible friends are key components.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Curate items that reflect the person you are. And be selective! Moods, thoughts, and reflections change like the seasons, so what you choose to feature will likely follow a similar rhythm.
2. Think about how you feel in spaces toward which you gravitate. Pay close attention to the senses and how attributes like lighting, both natural and artificial, scents (orange blossoms remind me I’m home), and even sounds (think cicadas) ignite positive feelings.
3. Imagine the beauty of the space without anything material to fill it. As with an empty drawer, new possibilities abound.