Finding good, affordable art that you love is a daunting prospect for many, especially if you don't frequent galleries, auctions, or studio sales. Although the internet makes is easier and more comfortable to shop from home, it is also an unlimited and largely unexplored frontier, with tons of sifting required to find what's available. Here's a selection of ten reasonably priced original paintings, photographs, and prints that are all within reach.
1. Norwegian Village (2013) by Tanya Grabkova is a colorful and more modern take on a traditional landscape. 11 x 14 Acrylic Painting for $232 with free shipping.
2. Mother (2013) by Gary Russell harkens back to the mid-century and would look great in homes that are sophisticated yet playful. 15.75 x 11.81 Mixed Media for $240 plus shipping.
3. Untitled (Blonde) by Mónika Sziládi (2011) captures all the odd moments that creep into life. Put in a sleek modern frame, it would contrast nicely with more traditional decor. 16 x 20 C-Print for $250 plus shipping.
4. Green Street Town (2012) by Gillian Pokalo is a colorful but grittier look at city living. It wouldn't be out of place in a downtown loft or other urban residence. 20 x 16 x 1 Screenprint for $125 plus shipping.
5. Buried Utilities (2004) by Lorrie Boydston is a glimpse of suburban existence, which feels uniform and isolated. The bits of color are the only bright spots in an otherwise bland backdrop. 5 x 7 Mixed Media with 6 x 8 wooden frame for $110 plus shipping.
6. Succulent Summer Series 2 (2014) by Melinda Laszczynski is a sweet and quirky representation of plants that would look great in a cheerful kitchen or bathroom. 12 x 9 watercolor for $200 with free shipping.
7. Abstract Figure Studio VII (2014) by Steven Prewitt is bold and graphic. Although this piece is fairly small, it would command any corner where it hung. 12 x 9 Acrylic Painting for $200 with free shipping.
8. Sketches from life (2011) by Michael McJilton feels casual and doesn't take itself too seriously. These drawings feel modern and traditional at the same time. 11 x 9 Drawing for $75 plus shipping.
9. Studio Drawing (undated) by Amy Bernays looks like an everyday moment in time, but the composition and perspective skews the reality of the landscape. 18 x 12 Drawing for $240 plus shipping.