My borrowed sewing machine sits somewhere on the floor of the closet in the office, which is overrun with wedding crafts. In the meantime, my fiance and I are still trying to spruce up our home with handmade touches and while I have every intention of digging out that sewing machine, well, sometimes I'd just rather turn to a few of these no-sew favorites. Wouldn't you?
We turned to some of our favorite resources (including Re-Nest, of course!) to find some of the best no-sew projects that will inject tons of personality into any room in the house. And since they're DIY, the pricetag on these projects will come in at a manageable level; to get even more bang for your buck, opt for recycled threads to creatively reuse some fabric!
• No-sew curtains from the always-creative Young House Love duo
• No-sew grocery tote bag via Martha Stewart
• Lovely woven placemats from Purl Bee
• No-sew cloth napkins, as tested by one of our own editors
• Believe it or not, no-sew Roman shades from Thrifty Decor Chick (full disclosure, you DO have to sew on a couple of buttons)
• And here's one more window option: no-sew Roman shades from mini-blinds
• Did you notice the seam in the photo above? Well, they're not exactly no-sew, but pretty close, and you can adapt them to no-sew by replacing a needle and thread with iron-on hem tape: No-Cut DIY Cloth Napkins
Have another no-sew home project? Do share.