Afraid of Needles? 7 No-Sew Projects for Your Home
My borrowed sewing machine sits somewhere on the floor of the closet in the office, which is overrun with wedding crafts. In the meantime, my fiance and I are still trying to spruce up our home with handmade touches and while I have every intention of digging out that sewing machine, well, sometimes I’d just rather turn to a few of these no-sew favorites. Wouldn’t you?
We turned to some of our favorite resources (including Re-Nest, of course!) to find some of the best no-sew projects that will inject tons of personality into any room in the house. And since they’re DIY, the pricetag on these projects will come in at a manageable level; to get even more bang for your buck, opt for recycled threads to creatively reuse some fabric!
• No-sew curtains from the always-creative Young House Love duo
• No-sew grocery tote bag via Martha Stewart
• Lovely woven placemats from Purl Bee
• No-sew cloth napkins, as tested by one of our own editors
• Believe it or not, no-sew Roman shades from Thrifty Decor Chick (full disclosure, you DO have to sew on a couple of buttons)
• And here’s one more window option: no-sew Roman shades from mini-blinds
• Did you notice the seam in the photo above? Well, they’re not exactly no-sew, but pretty close, and you can adapt them to no-sew by replacing a needle and thread with iron-on hem tape: No-Cut DIY Cloth Napkins
Have another no-sew home project? Do share.