- Stoke On Trent United Kingdom
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I have seen blue used recently in many design publications and wanted to use it in a way that brought light and warmth into what is quite a small room in an old miners cottage. At the same time it needed to enhance the space in terms of its size and make it feel larger than it was before; previously it had been a cream color accented with reds and golds that bought the room "in on itself"' rather than "lift it".
- Colors used in my room:
- Walls: Venetian Blue
Large Furniture Pieces: Duck Egg Blue
Seating: Pale Grey
- Tips for using color successfully:
- Don't be afraid to introduce color into smaller spaces. It may seem easier to paint these smaller rooms in white or other neutrals, but these can sometimes be detrimental to the feeling of space. Go with your gut!
- Venetian Blue